This post is a summary of Incident #045, relating to service unavailability for some part of the Zurich network.
- Date/Time: The issue started at approximately 7:30PM on Thursday, September 17 2009 and was fully resolved by about 00:30AM on Friday, September 18 2009 Central European Solar Time.
- Symptoms: Some customer residing in our Zurich DataCenter would have experienced network unavailability to the server.
- Impact: This affected some customers on Zurich DataCenter. Customers residing on different DataCenter were unaffected.
- Root Cause: BGP4 flapping. One router started to Flap BGP4 session drive down some of our Networks.
- Takeaways: Both Boarder routers has been checked, fibers cable connected to carriers has been replaced.
- The odds of a recurrence are minimal.
This now concludes this System Incident. If you feel that you are still experiencing the symptoms outlined in this post, please open a support request from the Engine Technology Support Portal.