This post is a summary of Incident #049, relating to service unavailability from some part of the Seabon/TelecomItalia network.
- Date/Time: The issue started at approximately 17:00 PM September 15 2009 and was fully resolved.
- Symptoms: Some customer residing in Italy has been affected by high packet loss.
- Impact: This will affected none of our three DataCenters.
- Root Cause: Telecom Italia just confirmed they are having a big fault (fiber cut) in France (2 cuts) and one Milano. This was confirmed also by the Telecom Italia Sparkle (SEABONE) NOC. They are working on this issue to solve it ASAP.
- Takeaways: All problems solved; we were updated by Telecom Italia at 04:52 CET that the fiber-cuts have been restored, both in Milano Chiasso and Marseille Vernegues and that the circuits are up and running fine..
This now concludes this System Incident. If you feel that you are still experiencing the symptoms outlined in this post, please open a support request from the Engine Technology Support Portal.